Thursday, March 8, 2018

Resurrecting the Old Blog- Alaska Mission Trip

Well I finally decided to resurrect this old blog. To be honest, I had completely forgotten I even had it until I was trying to decide the best way to keep everyone updated on our Alaska Mission trip. So here we are! If you want to stay up to date on our trip while we are gone, my plan is to journal daily or every other day and post on here. It automatically posts to Facebook, but if you want notifications via email, just enter your email on the right of the page. So here are the details if you have no idea what I am talking about!

Brian and I are leaving in 1 week to spend 7 days in Alaska on a mission trip with an organization called Alaska Missions. We will be working the last part of the Iditarod(the annual dog sled race from Anchorage to Nome), hosting a banquet for all the mushers(a.k.a- dog sled drivers), working concessions at a basketball tournament(basketball is huge in Alaska) for the locals where all proceeds will be donated to the local women's shelter, along with a few other ministry opportunities.

While we are gone the kids will be spending the first few days with my Dad and the last part with my Mom. We are so lucky to have them available and willing, so that Brian and I can experience this Mission Trip together.

So many of you have faithfully given financially to our trip and we thank you so much! God's hand has been on this trip and he has definitely been orchestrating everything about it. We cannot wait to see what God has in store for us.

As we prepare for departure we ask for the following prayers:
-safety as we make the 3,500 mile trek north
-opportunities to share the Gospel while sharing His love to an area so dark
-that we are able to experience His blessings and serve selflessly


No comments:

Post a Comment